Revolution Labs: Summer 2013
Today, we are excited to announce Revolution Labs Summer 2013 Cohort!
- ImCoveredWI – Offers a navigable easy to follow online and mobile platform that will educate, inform, and easily enroll individuals and small business owners into the Health Marketplace.
- Destiny Electronics – The light manufacturing company will assemble electronic circuit boards with plated through-hole soldering and surface mount soldering processes.
- That Salsa Lady – Working to reduce the number of food deserts in central / urban Milwaukee by providing fresh, healthy, local ingredients to those who could not otherwise access them.
- U The Center – An integrated cloud-based platform that enables collaboration between students and professors.
- Nappturalistic Beauty – Healthy hair care product company that offers handcrafted products which excel in moisturizing and defining, while promoting thicker, stronger, longer, healthier growing hair.
Revolution Labs is a mentor driven seed-accelerator focused on talent from the Central-City of Milwaukee. As part of the accelerator, we will teach the best methods for starting a business to entrepreneurs who live in Milwaukee’s Central-City.
Revolution Labs is an intensive 12-week program where startups gain a keen understanding of entrepreneurship by getting out of the building and talking with customers. Our 21st century entrepreneurship curriculum will serve as the program’s primary framework. More specifically, each entrepreneur will participate in regular Business Model Canvas reviews, business pitch practice sessions, and other exclusive training and networking events.
We have received enthusiastic support from local and state agencies, community organizations, and our fellow entrepreneurs and startups. As such, Revolution Labs received many great applications for the 2013 Summer Class. Additionally, over 100 community members have signed up to stay engage with Revolution Labs while many individuals have emerged eager to mentor our startups.
Revolution Labs will operate out of the Wash Haus in downtown Milwaukee. This collaborative space is the most inspiring and energetic entrepreneurial space in Milwaukee for early- to mid-stage startups, investors, and industry partners. Revolution Labs’ Managing Directors, Greg Meier and Nick Wichert, will implement the same nationally recognized customer development methodology and practices that they applied in Vetransfer and that are used by the National Science Foundation’s Innovation Corps program.
Both Vetransfer and, now, Revolution Labs are members of the Global Accelerator Network. Startups and Founders will have access to over $500,000 of perks and discounts and access to various conference calls and events around the world, only for GAN Founders.
Revolution Labs has received funding and support from the following organizations:
Wisconsin Housing and Economic Development Authority
A state agency dedicated to stimulating socioeconomic development and providing affordable housing options for low income individuals. Learn more at wheda.com »
Wisconsin’s Economic Development Corporation
A state run organization devoted enriching Wisconsin’s economy by offering enhanced entrepreneurship tools and superb support services to businesses across Wisconsin. Learn more at inwisconsin.com »
The mission of the Wisconsin Department of Children and Families is to promote the economic and social well-being of Wisconsin’s children and families. The Department is committed to protecting children, strengthening families, and building communities. Learn more at dcf.wi.gov »
Wisconsin’s Ethnically Diverse Business Coalition
The mission of the Ethnically Diverse Business Coalition is to improve the business environment in Wisconsin so as to build stronger ethnically diverse businesses that compete in a global economy. The Coalition through collaboration, advocacy and capacity building has the vision to elevate Wisconsin to a Top 10 State for ethnically diverse businesses.